Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Why I respect Yung Joc and not D4L

I hate to hate on people getting money, but I hate on D4L. I love hip-hop but they are not hip-hop, while I think Yung Joc is still hip-hop. They may make similar types of music, but atleast Yung Joc attempts to rap. He is bad at it but he is still rapping. His songs just happen to have that motorcycle beat to it. He is from Atlanta and is heavily influenced by that dancing shit. And tell the truth, who doesn't enjoy doing the motorcycle (they even bought it back for this summer wit Buy U a Drank). On the other hand D4L makes dances and then comes up with the song. They get no respect from me. I will admit D4L and all these lame rap groups did do something, which is bring the fun back to hip-hop, but so did Yung Joc and he did it with having some (but minimal) rapping skills. Before this whole southern dance explosion (which started with crunk) Hip-hop was something you bobbed your head to and caught a little diddy bop to, but now these southern people got the thugs dancing instead of leaning back. Even though I give these lames some props, they are ruining hip-hop. They need to be eliminated. I would not want to eliminates the Yung Jocs and Young Dro (who can actually spit), but we can get rid of the shop boyz, d4l, dem franchise boyz, and everyone else who wants to make a song that goes with a dance instead of the other way around. Oh yeah lets really get rid of the Aunt Jackie.

No comments: