Saturday, June 16, 2007

Who's Next: Joell Ortiz

I remember watching this Joell Ortiz video by accident on Youtube and sayin this nigga is nice. I stumbled upon it looking in someones playlist and recognized the name. I knew the name from last summer when I was an intern at LRG. His publicist called and asked for some clothes for a photo shoot. I heard the name Joell Ortiz and expected a daddy yankee type. Boy was I surprised. Once Hiphopgame had a preview of his album I listened to it and he a good amount of joints on it. I found out he was signed to Aftermath. Now I was lookin for interviews of this dude. Heard about his past and was sold. Not sold cause he has a gimmick, but sold because he seemed like a real dude. I dont wanna compare him to big pun cause hes puerto rican cause hes not like him. If i had to compare him to a great it would be B.I.G., no hes not that nice but reminds me of him kinda. Hes on his grimey new york shit. Will he bring NY hiphop back, I dont know, but I will be checking for him.To add to that hes signed to Aftermath. Thats a cosign form the best producer of all time. Heres one of his songs http://youtube.com/watch?v=eDbkebLz7h8

No comments: