Saturday, June 16, 2007

Album Review: From Nothin to Somethin

I must say since he first came out Fab has been one of my favorite rappers. He is the truth but his albums always seem to be lackin somethin. This time its lackin somethin but its closer to nothin. I must say im impressed Fab is spittin hard on this. There are 2 songs the are straight up wack which is Baby dont go wit T Pain and First Time with Rihanna. It may seem like there are a lot of features, but most of them are hooks. Diamonds with Jeezy is an average song and BROOKLYN is a pretty wack representation. Its sad when uncle murder goes in more than the God MC. I was actually impressed on the song with Lloyd. I though it would be wack but it turned out good considering its Lloyd. On what should I do with Lil Mo Fab shows the evolution of his skills , rapping about fans problems. Im not particularly feeling this song but its not all braggin. IMO the 3 three stand out tracks are Gangstas Dont Play with Junior Reid (Producer Reefa has single handedly revived his career), Change up with Throwin niggas off the stage Akon, and my favorite Jokes on You with Pusha T. In this song fab and pusha spit crazy verses while relating them to comedians. Overall this is a great album for Loso and I give it a solid 7.5 out of 10.

No comments: