Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mixtape No More

Do you remember the feeling of gettin that new mixtape with all the new hot songs on it from the African 2 for $5 man. Well I know you dont get that feeling no more cause mixtapes are all filled with wack juice. Little Brother said it best that no one wants to hear a Red Cafe(no offense first mixtape artist i Thought of) rhyme over a beat that had a hot song and weezy killed already. I remember when mixtapes used to have all the exclusive shit on it but over the years got wacker and wacker. Nowadays instead of an artist givin a song to mixtape dj he gives it hiphopgame because they dont have to wait for it to hit the fans and the people can leave their opinion. In my opinion mixtapes began to fade in after the G-Unit era. G-Unit used to run the industry for a short period and got big through mixtapes, and now everyone tries to do it but it dont work like that no more. I remember my first mixtape. It was in 97 when my sister oved out the house. It was the best songs from DJ Clue Triple Platinum, Spring Tyme Shootout, and one other I cant think of. It had great songs like the been around the world remix, 2nd round ko, cam and dmx pull it, 24 hours to live, Rap game crack game, Wyclef and Canibus No Airplay, and my favorite firm biz remix amongst other songs. I can even bring it back up to around 2001 when clue had the Hev e Components Series. These mixtapes had songs that you would not hear anywhere else like the queen bitch pt 2 wit kin and hov, first time i heard grimey, knock yaself out, put ya hands up, bad boy 4 life aka megahertz, pov city anthem, Fabolous freestyle over Young BLack Gifted and a bunch of other hot songs. Or even more recent with the Big mIke and Green Lantern collab with Jadakiss the Champ is here. I wish mixtapes could go back to these days.

No comments: