Saturday, June 16, 2007

Things children of the new millenium wont remember

I am not that old so im sure there are things that i wont from the 80s and before, but while watching my 3 year old niece I have realized she wont remember a lot of things being that she was born in 03.
1. UPN and WB- I remember the glory days of these networks and a recent merger has erased these once famous networks(within the black community). UPN aka the nigga network was one of my favorites. Mo to the e to the and to the more recent one on one. This was niggas on tv at its finest. The WB had some great show during the 90s including Animaniacs. It was also the original nigga network with shows that included parent hood sister sister and waynes bros. Cant forget about the fake married with children unhappily ever after.
2. The Ricki Lake Show- This was in a time before Maury and Jerry Springer took over with all the drama. This tackled similar subjects but in a more sensible fashion
3. Afternoon and Morning Cartoons- We all remember these. Now the afternoon is bombarded with court shows and every station has news in the morning now.
4. Cassettes and VHS- My niece sees these two things and is in bewilderment. I have tried to explain these items to her but she just doesnt get it.
5. Discman and Walkman- Who still uses these in the age of the ipod.
6. When FOX, WB and UPN were syndicated stations- I remember watching different strokes and perfect strangers all day on these networks in the early 90s.
I am an 80s baby so im so sure you older people remember stuff from before my time

No comments: