Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Album Review: T.I. vs T.I.P.

Obviously if you have read my blog, I do not think T.I. is all he is hyped up to be. I still think he is a good rapper but I think that his swagger out weighs his actual rap skills. With the new album T.I. vs T.I.P. you get a typical T.I. album which is still pretty hot. Though it took a couple of listens for songs to catch my ear, some joints definitely have. The album is divided into 3 sections, with T.I.P. starting off the album, then the T.I. portion of the album, followed by the T.I. vs T.I.P. section which is only 3 songs. Is it just me or is T.I. copying Cassidy with this different personalities. Wasn't Cassidy's first album divided in a similar way? But anyway the strongest section of the album is the first section of T.I.P. He has the two first singles of Big Shit Poppin and the Wyclef assisted You Know What it Is. Both of these songs are pretty hot but no comparison to the Busta Rhymes assisted Hurt. This is the standout track of the album in my opinion. We also cannot forget about the Jay-Z assisted Watch What You Say To Me, where Jay could possibly be dissin Lil Weezy. The Second portion starts out strong with the Just Blaze Produced Help is Coming but wacks itself out with another Wyclef produced song My Swag and a Nelly track which I am not feeling, but will be a great single. Touchdown featuring Eminem sounds decent but hasn't quite caught my ear. The album closes out nicely with two Danja produced track and a final track My Type where T.I. talks about many aspects of his career., Overall this album is a solid 3.75/5 but once again T.I. has'nt proven himself to me. He is still a good rapper but never sweeps me off my feet with anything he puts out, besides What You Know About That (Lyrics weren't even that good, hot track). I actually enjoy Jeezy's music more. My main question is where is DJ Toomp, but anyway for right now T.I. retains the title of King of the South but watch out for Weezy coming 4th quater.

2 comments:

Rene Prosper said...

alright, i just came across your blog - feeling some topics; but this is ludicrous... Wayne is the King of the South - Best Rapper Alive (Current, not Historically). And what chicken spot is on Linden!? I used to be on Utica and Snyder - best chicken spot EVER. L8r.

Jordan said...

Damn everybody know about snyder thats the best chicken spot ever and its a chinese spot