Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Weezy Factor

Think back the the beginning of the millenium when Cash Money coined the phrase bling bling. Who was the stand out person of the Hot Boys? Was it Juvenile, B Gizzle, Turk, or Weezy F. Baby then known as Lil Wayne. You are buggin if you say Wayne and you saw potential in him the whole time. Tell the truth, who was feelin him. He was just the little nigga rollin with them. Who knows a song from 500 degreez besides The block is hot. I know I don't. Look at him now. Arguably The most popular and hottest rapper in existence. You even hear 15 year olds and stans on hip-hop sites saying he is the best. Im like really? Weezy began to get hot once Go Dj dropped. He was one of those people that you were scared to admit that you were feeling one of his songs. You only told people you trusted would not tell that you were feeling that song. After months of contemplating I downloaded his album ( I only buy albums after U hear them. I support the artist). I must admit it had some joints on it but it wasnt until the Carter 2 that I was convinced. He stirred up the controversy that he was going to def jam and dropped a classic for the time ( difference between timeless, impact, and classic for its time). A solid 4.5. Thats when it all started. I remember being in school chillin in oxford ( not the school a place in temple) listenin to the album everyday. Next he drops Dedication 2 which was bumped all of summer 06 at the LRG office and now everything he touches is a hit. I feel that he is oversaturating the market, but thats just me. I am tired of him. Everybody is on his nuts. He says hes the best rapper alive but he got 2 hot albums. Has he ever heard of Nas, Jay-z, or even Snoop and Redman. Right now Wayne is walking blasphemy in the hip-hop world. I admit he is nice but Im taking a break from the weezy until carter 3 drops.

No comments: