Saturday, November 10, 2007

American Gangster...Whoa

Its been a while since I actually posted on this blog and a lot of things in the world of hip-hop has happened, most significantly the 9/11 battle. Ive been busy with school work and nothing really motivated me to post anything until this. All I have to say is Hov is back. He shows the world that he can put out a classic at damn near 40 years old. He said the American Gangster flick inspired him, but I think that was just an excuse to talk about drugs again. He noticed the failure of Kingdom Come and wanted to go back to the old Jay-Z. All I have to say is what a masterpiece. This album is easily a 4.5/5 after a week of listening. The only thing that holds it back from a perfect rating is the atrocious Hello Brooklyn featuring teeny booper favorite Weezys Fucking Baby. Besides that the second worst song in my opinion is Blue Magic which is kinda hot. My main question with this album is how do I like about 7 songs more than Roc Boys and that song alone shits on most rappers catalogue. These internet geeks might call me a stan but fuck it. Im sayin that this album is Hovs third best in front of the Black Album behind Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt. In time I dont know it may jump those shits. My thing is how even the song for the chicks got content. I could have done without the 4 year old Ignorant Shit but at the end of the day its still a dope song. Fuck all the haters I just had to address how hot this album was. I can't believe that niggas is tryna tell me this album dont shit on Kanye's joint, which was hot but overrated.

No comments: